properbathtub

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Becoming something I do not want to be

Last night the boys downstairs had a party. I like parties, and the fact that I wasn't invited has no bearing on my feelings about the party. It was not a quiet party, but good ones often aren't. Chloe slept through most of it. But she wakes up sometime between 1 and 3 in the morning for a midnight snack. Once she was up she couldn't get back to sleep. I had been awake for some time and we were both cranky.

So I went downstairs to tell them to cut it out. Mind you this was a 2:30 in the morning. So its not like I was being a spoil sport. I don't want to be the kind of person who complains about people having fun. But I think that means that people have to have fun in a way that would not cause others to want to complain. What really drove me over the edge was someone playing guitar while the stereo was blasting. Pick one, either serenade your friends with the only song you know, or let Jim Morrisson belt on the stereo

remains

So today I am cranky and I have that head full of cotton feeling like a hangover, but from lack of sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home