properbathtub

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Home decorating

Last night I could not sleep. I think this is due in part to the fact that I hate the colour of my bedroom walls. They are this terrifically ugly gray (Rick says they are green, but they are sort of the colour of rocks or cement.) Anyway its depressing. When I first moved into this apartment I was living in the smallest room, since then we have lived in every other bedroom in the house. But my first room I painted orange after I moved in because the small room plus the grey mad me seriously suicidal.


The problem is that when we moved into the "quiet" bedroom we never painted the walls. So even though this room is bigger and has better light its still depressing. So last night I stayed awake thinking about what would make me happy in my room. I came to the conclusion that I would like to paint 3 of the walls white, and do the fourth in an accent colour. Probably something that goes with our sheets and drapes, which are a golden rod colour. I don't think that one wall in bright yellow will be too overwhelming because the duvet is white.

The question is: Are accent walls cheezy or cool?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home